Skateboards donated

Dollars worth of equipment donated

Children using donated equipment

How It Works

Board Rescue is a volunteer-run, 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit corporation, located in Palo Alto, California, dedicated to providing skateboards & safety equipment to qualified organizations that work with underprivileged, at-risk, and special-needs children.

In order to fulfill our mission we rely on monetary contributions from individuals, and donations from corporations. Some equipment is donated to us from our partners, but the majority are purchased with donated money. Over 90% of each dollar donated is directly spent on purchasing skateboards, the other 10% is used to pay shipping costs and purchase or pay for small business items like web hosting, boxes, packing tape, business cards and stickers.

We continuously review applicants, select and make offers to donate to organizations operating and located within the United States.

Donate Now

Why It Works

Since Board Rescue’s inception in 2008, over 3000 children across the United States have benefited from their participation in the act of skateboarding.

At its core, skateboarding is about getting outside, getting some exercise and having fun, but it can also teach kids many skills that can be applied in their day-to-day lives.

In addition to keeping kids healthy and strong, being active for 60 minutes each day has been shown to increase concentration and focus, improve classroom attendance and behavior, and boost academic performance.

Learning to skate and mastering new tricks can lead to higher confidence and it teaches children that hard work, determination, practice and commitment can lead to positive results.

Apply Now

Thanks to all of our partners. We couldn’t do it without your generosity!

Gary Holl

Gary Holl

Founder/President. Skateboarding since 1975.

Doug Conklyn

Doug Conklyn

Vice President. Skateboarding since 1976.

Erik Takaoka

Erik Takaoka

Treasurer & Secretary. Skateboarding since 1975.

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Creative Director. Can’t skate at all.

Contact Us

8 + 7 =

Stay up to date with our quarterly newsletter!