Our Selection Process
Our staff meets regularly to review e-mail applications from organizations working with at-risk and/or underprivileged children or organizations working with special needs children. All applicant organizations must be located and operating in the United States. All e-mailed applications must provide all the requested information listed below. If a question is not applicable then please respond with an N/A. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Board Rescue favors organizations/programs that are run at no cost to children and clearly can or will demonstrate that equipment received will produce positive ongoing results within their community. Please provide detailed answers to the questions listed, remember we get more applications then we have equipment to donate so make sure your application is complete.
If your organization is not prepared to sign a Release Waiver/Offer Letter document (should one be presented to your organization) absolving Board Rescue from any and all liability claims resulting from use of the equipment donated, then you are not eligible to apply for equipment from Board Rescue.
If your organization, located and operating in the United States and working directly with at-risk and/or underprivileged and/or special needs children, would like to be considered for a Board Rescue donation, please send us an e-mail with the following information:
- Company/Organization Name
- Contact Name
- Immediate supervisor name, title, email, and telephone
Also, please include information about the program:
- Overview/Summary of the Program you plan on running or are currently running?
- Tell us about the community that will be served?
- What benefits does your program provide to the community?
- Who will run or runs the program? What are their qualifications?
- What are the days & hours of operation?
- Will the equipment be loaned out with supervision?
- Is there a secure place to store equipment?
- What equipment are your requesting?
- Has your organization previously applied for a grant/donation from Board Rescue? If yes, please provide the details.
- Has your organization previously received a grant/donation from Board Rescue? If yes, please provide the details.
- How did you hear about Board Rescue?
- Please provide any other information that you believe will help us when reviewing your request.
Email all of this to email@example.com and copy the most senior person of your organization. In the Subject line of your e-mail please list the name of your organization and the city and state your located in. Example: ABC Youth Org, San Francisco, CA.
Please add our address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Your Email Safe Senders List, Address Book or Contact List so that when we reply to your request it won’t end up in your junk folder.
Thank you! We will acknowledge receipt of your application within a week, and may request further information from you. Please note that we would like to respond favorably to all requests however the needs are far greater than our allocated resources. Therefore it is not possible for us to accommodate all requests.
Do you give equipment to individuals?
Sorry, but we only work with organizations. Check your local area for programs that may offer equipment directly to individuals.
Will Board Rescue donate to our organization’s Raffle or Auction?
The short answer is no.
Will Board Rescue donate equipment we can give out as awards to students and/or volunteers?
The short answer is no.